Sunday, May 29, 2011

Farewell Familiar

Farewell Champaign Fire Department.  Farewell paycheck.  Farewell sense of security.  You were all wonderful things.  Gifts, really.  Gifts we were always so grateful for.  But now the time has come to move on.  Can it be that we only have 8 weeks until the BIG MOVE?  Joel has 4 more trips to make to Montana between now and then.  We have been busy.  Busy packing up the farm, the house, our lives.  The emotions have run rampant.  And through it all we have the peace of knowing that it was God that set all this in motion and that it will be God who completes it.  We just follow His leading.


Sanctus Real has a song, "Whatever You're Doing (Something Heavenly)," that I think so accurately describes how we feel right now.


Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos, but SOMEHOW there's PEACE
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something Heavenly....

Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos, but I BELIEVE
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life...something Heavenly...



The kids and I went down to Champaign last night to visit Daddy at the station one last time.  It was bittersweet.  














"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
                                                                                                               --Isaiah 41:10


1 comment:

william said...

Joel,
I want you to know that it has been a honor and a privilege serving with you. Your commitment to your service at the Champaign Fire Department is very obvious to all. I want to wish you and your family all the luck in your new pursuits. And please, don't get run over by any of your cattle... again! :-)
Bill Fernandez